Sunday, April 5, 2009

Vincent Desiderio Workshop

Well folks it nothing else is to be said, this weekend was the most inspiring/informative two days I have had in a long time. I spent Saturday and Sunday with one of the most profound contemporary artists today. working from 9-5, two days straight with Desiderio, sure makes the brain wanna explode....but in the best of ways. Ill cut to the chase here. The workshop involved learning how to work from a photo as a painter. Saturday's agenda was based off of lectures, photographing the model, and the beginning stages of the drawing/painting. Sunday was a full 7 hours of intense painting full of critical advice by Vincent Desiderio. I was joined by some of my fellow DPC members to this event, including Dave G. and Joel S. Without their additional guidance and critical opinions, I feel the workshop would not have impacted me as hard as it did.

Joel's Painting at the workshop.

David's Painting at the workshop.

My (Will Sentman) Painting of the workshop.

No comments: