Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Creek

Hello fellow painters!

Well after a week's hiatus from painting while I went back to Michigan to visit my parents and shoot some exciting images from Detroit, the DPC gathered again in our local spot to paint. It was good weather, warm, not too humid and the bugs were not as bad which was great.
Here is my blocking using a wash of Van Dyke Brown.
Will setting up, the nice shade helped keep us all pretty cool till the end.

Fighting the complexity of nature is a challenge and relaxing at the same time.

Jane working away...
Will making progress...
Here is my painting after about 90 minutes or so...I had to step on it as the sun was moving to really change it's position.




Here is my final painting it's 12 x 16 on a Fredrix canvas. I choose this because I loved that light passage in the middle but I had a little more time on the water--but the sun said the time was up so we packed up and hit the diner for lunch--everybody was starving. I hope we hit the same place next week.

No comments: