Saturday, February 21, 2009

Meeting 8, New Members, New model

Joel's portrait of chuck in progress.

Well despite me having the worst cold I've had in nearly 20 years the DPC met again this week and my house for fun, art and--maintenance. We also added two new members, Brigid and Jackie and a new model,my 14-year-old Austrailian Healer, Shazam.


Brigid and Jackie decided to sculpt rather than paint, and they picked Shazam as their subject.

While we waited for the pizzas to arrive for out dinner Dave brought along his tool kit and offered to fix up anyone's easel which had and leg, joint or other issues. He spent quite a bit fixing up Joel's French easel and after a spell that sucker could support the weight of an elephant!

I was really kinda' still whipped from my cold but my buddy Chuck came back over and posed for us again, so after the pizza we painters and sculptors went about our evenings fun.
Dave is making some very nice progress.

my second pass at my portrait of chuck, I was pretty bleary, but I made some decent progress.
Brigid's sculp of Shazam.
Jackie's sculp of Shazam.

It's funny how each week the DPC spreads at school, but we have decided for space reasons alone we are reaching the limit at my house especially for a single model at this point, but maybe come summer we can spread out a bit more.

1 comment:

workhard said...

I just love the painting, especially the way you have captured light on the face.. the sculpture of Shazam looks good too...


Work from home